Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Butt Bonding with Paula

Yes, my professor and I had a bonding moment when we both ended up with needles stuck in our butts and shirts practically off while at the doctor's office.

Some of you may know that I have been sick for almost a week now and have now missed school two days in a row. Well, Paula, one of my professors has been sick since before we got here, so we both headed to the doctor's today in hopes of getting something to make us feel better, not realized it would become a bonding experience.

Not knowing what to expect we went back to Dr. Burger's office together. I was first...Dr. Burger had me sit on the table as he checked my throat and ears. Then he just threw my shirt up and started listening to my lungs, Paula politely looking away. Then he had me lie down and with not very much warning told me to lie on my side and he was going to give me a shot in my butt...Uhhhh...If you know me, I HATE SHOTS, so my eyes got real big and inside I was freaking out. Paula saw my expression and sitting right beside me asked if I wanted her hand...OF COURSE I took it!!

After that it was Paula's turn...thinking she was safe from the butt shot, the doc checked her throat and ears, as well as throwing her shirt up as well, me looking away politely as well. As the doc listened to her lungs he told her, "It doesn't sound good", but then said nothing else. Then once again the words came out of his mouth, "Lie on your side, you're getting the same shot." Paula had the most surprised look on her face and said something along the lines of "Oh great..." As we made our way out to the prescription pick-up we had a full blown discussion about whose butt was bigger and how big butts run in both of our families...just another great bonding experience...lol. And with that being said, we both left with lots of meds and sore butts...what a bonding experience it was.

As we talked with the other girls when they got home, we realized that we didn't really ask any questions and just let it all happen, haha. So don't ask what the shot was..lol. Hopefully we will both get better soon though.

Oh and just so no one freaks out, I have a weird strain of the flu (yes I got a flu shot, but apparently their flu here is different then ours), which was starting to turn into a sinus issue so I now have 4 prescriptions: nasal spray, antibiotics, cough medicine, and some weird prescription tablets that dissolve in water. I've never taken so many medicines in my life!

And Paula, she still has bronchitis...poor thing. They gave her some antibiotics, cough medicine and the dissolving tablets as well. Hopefully she gets better soon. If she doesn't get better here then hopefully she'll be able to see her normal doc when she gets home at the end of next week.

At the end of the day, all we can do is tell the story and laugh about it, in hopes that whatever we got shot into us will help us. I'm not going to lie though, I now feel like a druggie with a sore butt.

1 comment:

  1. Jess just think of it as part of the experiance and hope the reation to meds has cleared up and you are still feeling better even without the antibiotic. Can't wait to here about your trip to dunes. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete