Friday, January 14, 2011

First teacher days of SCHOOL!!



The first two days at school....success! The last two days I have attended teacher work days and they have been amazing. Yesterday we started the meeting an hour later then scheduled (Namibian time as we call it :)) and began with WORSHIP! Yes, we began a TEACHER meeting AT SCHOOL with worship and scripture reading!! It was amazing and they worshipped in English, Afrikaans, and a language I dont know how to spell but definitely involves clicks which was amazing! I loved it.

Today we went for another few hours and helped around school a little as well as talked to one of the head of departments to start to figure out our placements. In the process we met three really cute boys who were playing outside: Jonas, Ben and Lorenzo. They loved getting their picture taken and playing with us. It was so fun talking with them and just loving on them. That is exactly what I came here to do...love on the people of Namibia, especially the children any way I can: teaching, hugging, playing, talking, etc. :)

I will say that it is starting to get a little harder for me here though. I am beginning to miss friends and family, but it will just help me grow more! I cant wait for Monday when we get to meet all of the learners we will have!

No comments:

Post a Comment