Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SAFARI!!! :)

Well today was amazing and crazy all at the same time. We went to Okapuka Ranch, where we went on a safari and saw various wild animals up close and personal. It was amazing…weclimbed in our zebra safari truck, just like you see on TV and headed out into the wild in search of rhinos, crocodiles, giraffe, and more.

We first spotted giraffe out in the distance, then a lot of springbuck. As we continued we saw wildebeests, impalas, giraffes within feet, a mongoose, jackals, oryx, red hartebeests, warthogs, vultures, crocodiles and rhinos! The oryx were pretty shy and ran away a lot, but the rhinos came right up to the truck…I COULD HAVE JUMPED ON AND RODE IT AROUND!! It was pretty scary at first, but super COOL! We also got toseebabies:babyrhino,warthogs, springbuck, and wildebeests. It was amazing!! I have yet to see a lion; at the ranch we were at they kept them in a separate place so they wouldn’t kill all the animals. They did have cheetahs and panthers, but we didn’t see them. They are very shy and are active all night and early AM. The safari was amazing and seeing all the animals in their natural habitat was breathtaking as well as seeing all the beautiful animals that I have never seen before.It was truly amazing!!

Warthog Family

Giraffe!!!

Springbuck...B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Pic with a Rhino...OK :)

After the safari, we headed to Okahandja, where we experienced our first bargain shopping. There were so many handmade crafts, all so beautiful. I didn’t buy anything yet because we are going back there on the way back from up north. I just looked and took notes of everything that I want. J SO FUN! Its actually almost overwhelming to think about buying stuff because there is so much and I don’t even know what I REALLY WANT…it’s really weird. A highlight though was seeing a really cute little boy who had the best smile ever and followed us down the road a bit. Every time I smiled and waved he got the BIGGEST SMILE on his face. He definitely captured my heart J. Once we went through all the shops there we headed back home. It was a full day, but worth it all!

Tomorrow its our first teacher work day...finally get to meet my teacher and see my school. I'm actually kind of nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment