Saturday, February 5, 2011

1st Day of Placement...Grade 3 here I come!

Part of my class!

Well Monday was my first day in my placement! I am in a grade 3 class with Ms. Beukes. I have 40 learners in my class and I love them all already. Although...they haven't been listening very well. Anyways...back to Monday...It was a rough day. Everything was so unknown...my teacher introduced me to the class and told me, "Go ahead and do whatever you'd like with them." So there I was in a class I had never been in, in a completely different country, in charge of 40 learners. So I just did a couple "get to know you" activities and had them make these reallycool "Who Am I?" hands. They seemed to love it though, which was a plus. Then my teacher came back and it was almost like she expected me to know what I was suppose to do and truthfully I had no clue! AND Management SUCKED! When my teacher left the kids didn't listen at all.Itried every technique I know and still nothing. If my teacher was in there she would yell at them and they would listen, but that just made me feel like a complete failure. And after that all I could think about was my Pedagogy (observation) that my profs had to do on wed. I had no idea how I was going to pull it off.
After school we went out to eat at Sardina's (or something like that) and I was completely out of it. I missed everyone so much and I think it was just worse because it was a rough day and I was still not completely well. Plus I was stressing about my Pedagogy. So when we got back toCasa my profs asked if I was ok and I lost it. They just told me not to worry about it and that I would be completely fine. I then talked to my dad on skype and just was so upset. All that said...it was just a rough day.
THERE WAS A HIGHLIGHT THOUGH!!! It was MONDAY so that means it was my day to go to the orphanage/children's home!! I love it there! I love hanging out with all the kids and I know you aren't suppose to have favorites, but there is one girl who I have really bonded wellwith, Bianca. I love her to death and on Monday she was hilarious. I was trying to take pictures with her and she was cracking up! I also let Syndia take videos on my flip camera and I was watching them today and they were so cute! Those girls just make me smile!! :)

Syndia, Bianca and I playing with the camera :)

Bianca and I! Love her!

Syndia and I! What a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment