Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tuesday!

School was MUCH better on Tuesday. The kids seemed to be listening a lot better and I actually got to give them their Valentine’s Day treats, Namibian bubble gum that looks like now and later candies. I actually bought them thinking they were candies, but later found out they were pieces of gum. It was all good though…the kids LOVED it.

Tuesday also consisted of finishing their letters to my students in the States and we actually got to play a couple games at the end of the day because they did so well. We played “MOO COW”, which is just a fun mixer game that I taught the kids before. We actually never play it right because they always copy me when they are suppose to do their own thing, but whatever they still love it and have fun and that’s all that matter in my book J. We also played a name game, which again we never play right, but the kids still LOVE it and laugh A LOT! It’s times like these that I love sooooo much! I love to see these little kids, who come from all different living conditions and family situations, smiling from ear to ear and laughing up a storm. It’s times like these that make me never want to leave them.

Tuesday was also a VERY special day! It was Johannes’ birthday!! Although I didn’t go to the home Tuesday, I get to see Johannes at school everyday and Bianca let me know that it was his birthday! J So I happened to have a fun pencil on me that I gave him, along with a big hug! He had the biggest smile on his face. It was later that night that I found out from the other girls, who went to the children’s home that Johannes used to have a twin sister and this year was the first year Johannes was celebrating without her. She was bitten by a snake and passed away about a year ago. This broke my heart. The girls even said that they had a picture of her at the home and made a cupcake that set right beside it, while Johannes looked and the picture and talked to her. Part of me is really glad I wasn’t there to see it because I would’ve started balling. The girls said that was it though, he seemed to still be able to have a good time on his birthday after that.

So over all, minus the sad time with Johannes, the day was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment