Friday, February 11, 2011

Random Thoughts...

WOW! Well I had a very successful day SHOPPING!!!! :) Yes, I spent a lot of money, but what the heck I am in Namibia Africa and I need to get everything I want plus other stuff for people! :) I am actually feeling very good about everything I bought and only have a few small things to get now, which is good because I am running out of money :) lol.
I keep thinking though about how close it is getting to us leaving and honestly its hitting me harder and harder each time I think about it. I think about the orphanage kids soooo often, especially Bianca and how much I am going to miss them.

Jumping pic of my girl taken by Kari

Oh Bianca, LOVE her!

I received 2 letters from Bianca, one Wednesday and another Thursday that just made me think more and more about how much I am going to miss that girl! She calls me her mom now and is usually attached to me while at the orphanage. We have also had a book exchange going on every day. I give her a book to read, she takes it home, reads it and then bring it back for a new book! It has been so great! I love it!!

Johannes :)

Johannes, Gavin and I! Crazy boys :)

Johannes also runs up to me at school and hugs me. He hides behind me and playing a peeking game with me. :) It is so cute! I am planning on walking home with them Monday, which should be amazing! I also want to try and go two days instead of just the one day this week.

Me with some learners at school in the morning!!

Don't get me wrong I love my learners in my class and will miss them all as well!! I have just LOVED being able to just hang out and talk with the kids at the orphanage without having to discipline and manage them. I am REALLY going to miss this place! I am excited to see my family and friends, but I really love it here as well. There are so many feelings and thoughts going through my head about leaving...

1 comment:

  1. I got goosebumps when I read about your connections with Bianca. It will make it harder for you to leave, but how nice to have connected so deeply with a young girl--both of you will have those feelings for life.

    ReplyDelete