Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Better than to spend my last weekend at the coast! :)

Honestly...I don't even know what to say...

Sunset on the Beach the first night

The beach was amazing!! I LOVE beaches! Although it wasn't the nicest weather ever, it was beautiful! I had many walks along the ocean...THE ATLANTIC OCEAN :)...and collected many shells! We did a little shopping and touring, but other than that it was a very relaxing weekend just hanging out by the beach. Did I mention we stayed in a house RIGHT ON THE BEACH?? Yea...we could see the ocean right outside our window and could walk down to the beach anytime we wanted! All I can say is..AMAZING! Lets just say that it was another weekend of the Lord showing me how great He is and how beautiful His creation is. I actually got a lot of quiet time with Him on the beach too, which was great!

We also got to cook food this weekend, seeing that our house was complete with pots, pans, silverware, stove, etc. So the first night we split up main dish, dessert, and bread & salad between all of us and cooked in pairs. My roommate and I were in charge of dessert and after her prompt about BJ's, I brought in CAMP PIZOOKIE!!! YUMMM!!

PIZOOKIE!

The girls loved it. It TOTALLY reminded me of camp :) We had pasta for dinner, which was also very good. Dinner was definitely a success. The second night Shane (our driver) and his cousin cooked us a Braai!! That was an experience alright...we didn't end up eating until like 9:30, 10:00. They had some issues with the fire and keeping it going. haha. It was fun though and delicious once done!

Other than that....I know this blog doesn't do the weekend justice but hopefully the pictures help it out...at least until I get home and can tell you all more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment